Employment-Based Visas

At Veda T Maniquis – Attorney at Law, we understand the importance of a skilled and diverse workforce for the success of your business. We specialize in employment-based visas, assisting employers and employees alike in navigating the complex immigration process to meet your workforce needs.

EB-1 Visa

The EB-1 preference class includes individuals of “sustained national or international acclaim” with “extraordinary ability” in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics; “outstanding professors and researchers” recognized internationally in a specific academic area; and “certain multinational executives and managers.”  Foreign nationals holding O-1 or L-1 nonimmigrant visa status often qualify for immigrant status under this category.

  • The EB-1(a), or extraordinary ability category, makes a visa available to individuals who are at the top of their profession or field of endeavor, have achieved national or international acclaim, and can meet specific criteria demonstrating their extraordinary ability.
  • EB-1(b) category requires that the foreign national be recognized internationally as outstanding in his/her field of specialization, has at least 3 years of experience in teaching or research in the field, and has an offer of a tenured or tenure-track teaching position, or a permanent research position with a university or institution of higher education.
  • Employers may sponsor employees to fill managerial or executive positions in the U.S. if in the three years preceding the filing of the petition, the foreign national has been employed outside of the U.S. for at least one year by an affiliate company in a managerial or executive position.

EB-2 Visa

EB-2 Visas for Professionals with Advanced Degrees or Exceptional Ability

The EB-2 preference class includes members of the professions holding advanced degrees and foreign nationals who, because of their exceptional ability in the sciences, arts or business, will substantially benefit the national economy, cultural or educational interests or welfare of the United States.  To qualify as a member of the professions, the applicant must hold an advanced degree or its equivalent (that is, any degree above that of baccalaureate or a baccalaureate degree with at least five (5) years of progressive experience in the specialty).  If the profession requires a degree higher than a Master’s degree, the alien must possess that degree.

EB-3 Visa

EB-3 Visas for Professionals, Skilled Workers, and Other

  • Professionals must hold a baccalaureate degree (or foreign equivalent) in the field and must establish that a baccalaureate degree is the normal requirement for entry into the profession.
  • Skilled worker positions require a minimum of two (2) years of training or experience.
  • Other workers (unskilled workers) include positions that require less than two (2) years of training or experience.

How Can We Help?

If you have any questions, always feel free to contact us.